Friday, June 26, 2009

Team Jones Signing Off

Well, this is my (Lori) last post for this year's NoJo Road Show. It is first of all, incredible to realize what God has created. I think we all came away with the thought "How can anyone not believe there is a God?" - The Jones family is deeply thankful for friends like Thad, Tina and Brandon. I am certain, however, that next time we travel this far it will be in an airplane and I have a deep conviction that we will skip Kansas and Oklahoma. (We know why Dorothy and Toto aren't there anymore) We have, once again, made lasting memories with great friends. (Believe me, anyone who can travel with your 5 year old and still love you is a keeper!!!)
As I close this post, there are several things I have learned and I would like to share them with you:
1. The states of Missouri and Iowa are the capitals of deer suicide (none of Bambi's relatives are alive anymore so don't try to research his family tree)
2. I have learned that Tina and Jeff will take pictures of anything - even in the dark of night!!
3. I have learned that no matter how many snacks you take, all the "good stuff" is gone by the time you get out of the driveway thanks to Emianna
4. Thad is the king of tailgating : I am now open to the idea of a sandwich in the parking lot of a Target.
5. I have also learned that there are people in the USA who have no idea what Sweet Tea is. Thad is convinced he could earn a million bucks if they'd just let him make one batch. (The addicts would flock to him)
6. I have learned that men will stop and shop at places that interest them: Cabela's, Bass Pro, etc., but let a female mention 30 minutes in an outlet mall and it all hits the fan.
7. I have learned that there is no plan or itinerary to stick to UNTIL the female mentions the Outlet Mall (see #6) then suddenly, it would throw us off our schedule
8. There are many things one doesn't consider when riding in a car for days: For example, I am just now beginning to lose the numbness in my , well, I won't say it, you know what I mean.
9. Tina and I could write a book of RR across the US - they are different, some clean , some not and the number of people who don't check to see that the toilet flushed behind them is amazing!! Flush twice if you need to, we beg you!!! Also, don't start your job until the paperwork is in place!!
10. I have learned that people are people everywhere you go: What freaks us out in Kansas is everyday stuff to people who live there (Windstorm)
11. I have learned that Asian people travel by the bus load (I still think one of them pulled the fire alarm) and I have learned to "dress" for the occasion
12. I now know that they are not kidding when they say a buffalo will come towards (charge) human beings - it does not look good when you start running and leave your 5 yr old to fend for herself (Lord forgive me)
13. I know that we are all different and can only stand so much of each other (Thanks Thad, Tina and Brandon for being so patient) but isn't it amazing that God knows each of us inside and out and loves us anyway. We hope the Nobles love us anyway because we certainly love them.
Can't wait to see where we will go next (This time Tina & I will take "Fire Drill Attire")

No comments:

Post a Comment